Kusina ni Tito Ernie : Comfort Food in Palawan

We visited Palawan trip a fews ago to visit one of our bestest couple friends who moved back to the island recently. Though our trip was rather short (I tell you, 3 days is NOT enough to go around), they took us to some of their favorite foodie spots. Kusina ni Tito Ernie (Uncle Ernie's Kitchen) was on of them.

It was a bit tricky to get to this small Bahay kubo-type gem but it was so worth the travel from where we were staying. We were greeted by Pablo, the son of Tito Ernie himself who served us with a smile all throughout.

Kusina ni Tito Ernie gives a modern twist to everyday home-cooked comfort food. JP and Kate love going to this place so they really made sure we made a pitstop here during our short trip. And I completely understood why. The place is downright homey, in an open breezy set-up and most importantly is that they prepare all their meals fresh (mostly made from scratch) and even bake their own bread (their kamote bread is a MUST!).

So here's how our meal went...
THIS. Their signature Sampaloc Drink (Php 70.00) which was a real winner for me. It's served with ice and in a glass lined with sugar to add to the sweet-sour and distinct sampaloc juice. I would come back just for this alone.  

Another thing you don't want to miss is their freshly baked homemade Kamote Bread (Php 100.00) with cheese pimiento and pate! The kamote bread is delicately soft and goes well with the duo spreads.


This is JP's favorite, their Home Smoked Bacon Sandwich (Php 200.00 for the small and Php 250.00 for the large) which is one of their best sellers. Too bad I didn't get to eat it but based on my friend's reaction and how fast he inhaled it, I think it is worth a try!

 This was my order because I always feel nostalgic about Tortang Talong with Tinapa (Php 250.00) . I loved it ever since I discovered to eat it with sweet catsup (haha!). It is served with mountain rice, atchara and catsup, ofcourse!

 Pablo made us sample the dried chilis they made so I added some to my torta dish as well.

 And even if we were stuffed from our main lunch meals, we couldn't resist dessert. In fact, we ordered two. First is this "Champ" O Rado (Php 90.00)  chocolate rice porridge that came with fried dilis. I've always loved this combination, classic play of sweet and salty so this was needless to say a CHAMP for me.

This was their Pan de Churro (Php 130.00) which is their kamote bread dipped in a light batter, fried, rolled in a sugar-cinnamon mixture and served hot with a rich Malagos chocolate dip. What a way to end our meal! Two thumbs up!

Check out their Full Menu Here:







If you do find yourself in the island, do yourself a favor and enjoy a comfort meal (or two) in this place.


take it easy,
Pattie



* Below is a useful map to help you find your way there (it's a bit tricky!)


KUSINA NI TITO ERNIE
Abanico Road, Brgy. San Pedro
Puerto Princesa, Palawan
+63 917 5532728




Comments

Popular Posts